Friday, August 7, 2009

The House of Pain - Fitness Center

I've been trying to go to the gym every day so I can stay physically fit. I was working out at night but I found that by the end of the day I am to exhausted so I switched to working out in the morning. I can get a better work-out in the morning and also it gives me more energy during the day. By staying in shape my body is better equipped to fight off diseases and also to heal faster. The National Guard Virtual Armory has this to say about physical fitness;
"Unit readiness begins with physically fit Soldiers and leaders. Combat drains Soldiers physically, mentally, and emotionally. To minimize those effects, Army leaders are physically fit and they make sure their subordinates are fit as well. Physically fit Soldiers perform better in all areas. Physically fit leaders are better able to think, decide, and act appropriately under pressure. Physical readiness provides a foundation for combat readiness."
There are at least two different gyms here on COB Tallil, I've only been to "The House of Pain". It's a pretty descent gym, it's not as big as I was hoping but it's got the equipment I need. Every day I try to do at least an abdominal workout and some cardiovascular.

Every once in awhile somebody will partially quote the scripture form 1 Timothy 4:8, " bodily exercise profiteth little" either as an excuse not to exercise or claiming Christians shouldn't work-out. In the context of the scripture it is true that exercising the body profits little compared to being godly. I like the way The Message puts it,
"...Exercise daily in God — no spiritual flabbiness, please! Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever. (1 Tim 4:7-8)"

It is my prayer that I can live a life that is pleasing to God.

I miss my home church; to hear God's word preached.

Love you all

Peace Out

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh. Michael, you are greatly missed at home as well, and we keep you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete