I left yesterday to go back to the sand of Iraq. It has been an interesting journey so far. I was scheduled to fly out of North Bend at 0900 but the flight was delayed in North Bend for 3 hrs. My parents came to see me off at 0900ish so we went to their house and my mom made everybody a latte, which was very good. We then went back to the airport, loaded onto the plane (after rushing through security) then as we were set to taxi off the pilot shut down the plane due to weather. we had at least another hour before take off so I was gonna go spend it with Roxann anDrew but couldn't leave security so Roxann and I had to see each other through a glass wall. I thought to myself what it must be like to be in prison. Andrew was getting tired so she took him home. Roxann came back while I was downstairs playing on my iPhone and I didn't see her until a lady pointed her out to me. After loading onto the plane I was moved to the back bench seat and had it all to myself, it was great because I could stretch my legs out. I saw Roxann watching me leave. I waved and opend'n'cloased the window shade but could not get her attention.
gotta go...write more later
So here I am back in Iraq...I got back on the morning of the 13th and slept for quite awhile. Today was my first day back on the job. I did was at the clinic from 10 - 3 and gave a lot of H1N1 shots today. It felt good to get back into the swing of things but I sure do miss being home.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment